Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thanks for sending this Donna

THE CHOSEN ONES

I had a dream the other night.
It came to me so clear.
I stood before the throne of God,
afraid to come too near.

God said to me, "I hear your prayers.
There are answers you can't find.
I brought you here to talk to me
and help to ease your mind."

I said,"Well, yes, God, I am upset...
About my special one.
This punishment is awfully harsh...
Whatever have I done?"

God looked at me and shook his head,
He said, "My Dear, you've got it wrong.
I sent this special child to you
because you are so strong.
I searched and searched to try and find
someone with a love so rare.
Parents so unselfish
they could give him that special care.
I try to save my special gifts,
like those you're speaking of,
for a special kind of parents
I call the 'Chosen Ones.'
Of all the ones to choose from,
I know I've got it done...
Parents who deserve my best,
an honor you have won."

-Unknown

2 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I have read that somewhere before. It's a beautiful poem.

Smurfy said...

I got it from Kaden and Ava's blogspot. I thought it was beautiful and thought everyone should read the poem. A lot of parents with children that have a handicap do not realize what kind of a treasure they have.